Weekend in Tuscany for wine lovers to discover the secrets of Sangiovese, the king of red wines. An experience that involves 11 wines, including an exceptional vertical tasting of Brunello, from the barrel to a few cellared bottles; meeting with Donatella Cinelli Colombini and a tour of her two wineries in Montalcino and in Chianti, and to conclude a bath in wine to regenerate your skin with the extraordinary virtues of Sangiovese
For a minimum of 4 people
€ 284.00 per person
Included in the programme:
- 2 nights' stay in a double room with bathroom
- 2 buffet breakfast with homemade cakes and jams, fresh vegetables with olive oil dip, cold cuts and cheeses
- 2 traditional dinners (wines not included)
- Tours and tastings and meetings as indicated in the programme
The price does not include transfers
Arrival at Fattoria del Colle, Tuscan agriturismo. Settle into rooms or apartment furnished mainly with antiques.
- 6 pm Donatella Cinelli Colombini will welcome guests in her Sixteenth century villa and will offer them a Sangiovese Rosé aperitif.
- 8 pm restaurant Osteria di Donatella: 3-course dinner with local specialities: including pappardelle con sugo toscano and tagliata di bue chianino
- 8.30 - 10.00 breakfast
- 10 am experience in the Sangiovese, Foglia tonda and Traminer vineyards with a professional vintner who will explain the vegetative phases of the vine and the agricultural operations of the moment. The vines are organically cultivated.
- 10.30 am Transfer with own car to Casato Prime Donne winery in Montalcino
- 11 am Guided tour of the vinification areas and of the Casato Prime Donne winery where the Brunello barrels are interspersed with frescoes depicting the history of Montalcino. Explanation of the production process and the evolution of the wine: barrel tasting of the future Brunello di Montalcino from two different vintages and two different types of oak barrels.
- Guided tasting of 4 vintages of Brunello, one of which at least 10 years old, followed by a snack with pecorino and cold cuts.
Trekking trail through the Brunello vineyards (without a guide) to get a close look at the Sangiovese vines. Along the trail there are benches on which one can sit and admire the panorama, there are pieces of contemporary art and the quotations by the winners of the Casato Prime Donne award.
- 4 pm return journey to Fattoria del Colle. Wellness area with spa. Regenerating experience bathing in wine – vinotherapy whilst tasting a glass of Rosso di Montalcino. The juniper wood tub for two and the authentic ambiance are purposely created to increase the regenerating and toning effect of wine on the skin.
Upon request it is possible to book massages, gommage, steam baths and a wellness experience.
- 8 pm dinner dedicated to Montalcino in our Trequanda restaurant, Osteria di Donatella, 4 courses including pinci (local homemade pasta, Brasato al Brunello and Ossi di morto.
- 8.30 - 10 am: breakfast
- 10.30 am 3 wine itinerant tastings, all Sangiovese, and a tour of the Sixteenth century villa, the Chapel and the production and barrel ageing wineries.