IOsonoDONATELLA is the best Brunello that Donatella has ever produced This Brunello is a dream come true for Donatella Cinelli Colombini, the dream of a winery staffed only by women, Casato Prime Donne in Montalcino, the first in Italy, born as an act of courage and then to become flagship for women in the wine world. But also a dream to produce great wines in a cooler area of Montalcino, where the global warming has given new, great, quality potential.
IOsonoDONATELLA is consequently a masterpiece Brunello that will only be produced in great vintages, such as the present vintage 2010 (5 stars), which has been celebrated all over the world for its extraordinary quality. Together with the wine there is a personal story- why the bottle is covered with stars that shine in the light, and in the centre, they become a woman’s ring with inside a gold coat of arms.
This is the symbol that Donatella has chosen for her wines. The box that will package the bottle, is also a fragment of personal history: the external surface reproduces in fact the Pienza cloth, an old material with small diamond shapes that is well visible in the Maestà (1311) by Duccio di Buoninsegna, the most famous and celebrated masterpiece of Sienese art. A precious Brunello, studied in detail both for what is in the bottle but also on the outside. IOsonoDONATELLA is made in only 600 bottles which will be rationed in their distribution all over the world to the best clients.
- Type: dry red.
- Production area: Tuscany, Montalcino, Casato Prime Donne.
- Vintage characteristics: Winter and spring rich in snow and rain that soaked the soil in depth. Thanks to this supply of water the vines well resisted an incredibly hot July and, August they had difficulty with the veraison because of there was no hydro stress. Quite an exceptional situation the grapes reached ripening while the vines were still in vegetation.
- Grape type: 100% Sangiovese (Brunello)
- Grape harvest: From September 2 to 25th . The grapes were chosen and handpicked and carefully chosen in the vineyard and in the cellar. The grape clusters were small, loose, with small grapes and skins well water soluble. The acidity was higher than normal with a good presence of malic acid.
- Vinification: in truncated cone vats open on top in the outdoor fermentation area. The vinification lasted 20 to 25 days with the must always in contact with the skins and with the use of a plunger to soak them without the use of pumps.
- Ageing: first year in 5-7 hl tonneaux . These small containers are made by small prestigious workshops, with oak from France cut following the natural wood line. Second and third year of the ageing continued in 30-40 hl in Allier and Slavonian oak.
- Quantity produced: 600 bottles.
- Colour: intense and ruby red with a bright centre, the wine dances slowly in the glass thanks to its richness .
- Aroma: fine, net, complex, deep. With evident hints of red fruits and spices.
- Taste: elegant, full, harmonious, soft, lengthy with a finale that lasts at length in the mouth.
- Alcohol: 15% vol
- Matching dishes: important meat dishes and aged cheeses.
- Way of serving: Room temperature (18°C). Use balloon shaped crystal wine goblets. Open at least one hour before serving.
- Home ageing: 20-30 years and more. Keep the bottles lying down in a dark and cool place. Have the corks changed in Donatella Cinelli Colombini’s winery, where the procedure is certified, 20 years after bottling.