The first Italian red wine suitable for ageing, selected by female tasters.
The tasting panel for the most feminine Brunello di Montalcino of Casato Prime Donne meets at least once a year and is composed of four female taters Rosemary George, Master of Wine, the German wine expert Astrid Schwarz, one of the best Italian sommeliers Daniela Scrobogna and the Italo-American PR Marina Thompson. Together they choose the best Brunello selection aged in large barrels.
- Grape variety: 100% Sangiovese
- Ageing: two and a half years in large oak barrels
- Colour: brilliant and deep ruby red
- Aroma: intense, fine, spicy
- Taste: dry, warm, robust, harmonious, lingers at length in the mouth
- Serve at 18° C