The extraordinary 1997 vintage was a first for this new appellation, Chianti Superiore.
The word "superior" indicates a more careful selection of grapes and a higher quality of wine for this type of Chianti; it is produced from the grapes from older vineyards with low yields
- Grape variety: 90% Sangiovese, 10% Canaiolo Nero
- Ageing: one year in concrete vats
- Colour: brilliant ruby red
- Aroma: intense, fine, floral, with clear reference to violets
- Taste: harmonious, dry, sapid, tannins well balanced with the fruit
- Serve at 18°C