EASTER IN TUSCANY AT FATTORIA DEL COLLE
7-10th April 2023 Easter mini break with nature, masterpieces of art, traditions and great wines in Tuscany to regenerate and enrich with new knowledge
Donatella Cinelli Colombini’s county inn is different from all the others and offers unique experiences. You’ll wonder what makes it so special. Great red wines with international recognition are born there, it has 430 years of noble history behind it and allows tourists to live inside this history, to eat it, to smell it, to touch it …. All of this with the frame of panoramas that have remained intact over the centuries and of an ORGANIC BIO nature in which to walk among olive groves, vineyards and woods.
For this reason, spending the long Easter weekend at Fattoria del Colle regenerates the body and mind even if perhaps it leads to a few interruptions in the diet and a few more during the tastings of Brunello. But if you are a wine lover, do not miss the opportunity because a tasting of 6 wines from the barrel and of 5-star Brunellos does not happen easily.
THE EASTER 2023 BANK HOLIDAY PROGRAM
- Overnight stay in double room or apartment
- Buffet breakfast with homemade cakes and biscuits, cold cuts and cheese, omelette and pinzimoni, hot drinks
- Use of parks and hiking trails
- Guided tour of the historic rooms of the Fattoria del Colle (16th century kitchen, armorial hall, billiard room, chapel, Italian garden) with tasting of 2 Orcia Doc wines and 3 extra virgin olive oils
- Casato Prime Donne winery in Montalcino – guided tour with a wine and music experience, including the barrel ageing cellar and the new fermentation cellar- with an itinerant tasting of 4 wines including Brunello
- Guided tour on the theme “Wine, vineyard and video” in the cellars of the Fattoria del Colle including the area for refining the sparkling wine and the room that teaches how to listen to the vineyards. Mini photo -safari and at the end a tasting of Spumante Brut Metodo Classico from Sangiovese grapes.
- Cooking lesson about Pici, the typical local handmade pasta
Upon booking only, the Brunello experience with a vertical tasting of 6 wines: from the future Brunello still in barrel to two Brunellos exalted by the world’s leading experts , 2015 and 2016. For the complete daily program, prices and booking click here.
FATTORIA DEL COLLE, A PLACE REMAINED INTACT OVER THE CENTURIES
It was built in 1592 by an ancestor of the current owner Donatella Cinelli Colombini and forms a small hamlet with a villa, a chapel, 3 equipped parks, 3 swimming pools…. The old farmhouses have been transformed into rooms, apartments and villas for tourists.
They have authentic antique furniture and modern comfort including free WIFI. There is also a restaurant, a banquet hall, the cooking school and the natural wellness centre . In this little spa it is possible to bathe in wine and have couple massages to regenerate the skin (to be booked in advance). Surrounding there are 3 equipped parks, woods, olive groves and vineyards. It is possible to go on 4 treks dedicated to nature and the vineyard and there is a circuit of panoramic points for selfies and photos.
WHERE TO FIND US
Fattoria del Colle is located 18 km from the Valdichiana exit of the A1, 35 km from Montalcino, Pienza and Bagno Vignoni, slightly further from Montepulciano and Siena. 2 and a half hours from Rome and Bologna, one hour from Florence and Perugia
DONATELLA CINELLI COLOMBINI’S 2 WINERIES
These are Casato Prime Donne in Montalcino and Fattoria del Colle in Trequanda south of Chianti. Overall there are 33 hectares of ORGANIC BIO vineyards cultivated almost exclusively by hand. There are 8 very expert grape growers, who become more numerous during the harvest, which, is also done by hand. The wineries together produce 160,000 bottles a year of Brunello, also in the “Prime Donne” and Riserva versions, Rosso di Montalcino, Doc Orcia Cenerentola and Leone Rosso, Chianti Superiore and Supertuscan Il Drago e le 8 Colombe. The last born is the Brut rosé Spumante. This is made with 100% Sangiovese grapes harvested in 2018 and which remained 24 months on the lees and was disgorged in March 2021.Donatella’s wineries are the first in Italy with a workforce of only women and are a symbol for female oenology. They are artisanal realities but of great professionalism due to the presence of three winemakers. The export to 42 countries around the world and can boast eleven labels with scores of over 90/100 (with a peak of 97/100) in the international press.