We shall be waiting for you at Fattoria del Colle to hunt for, to cook and to taste the white Crete Senesi truffle during All Saints weekend
From Friday October 30th to Sunday November 1st, three days (two nights) during the foliage, white truffle and extra virgin olive oil period in Tuscany where Brunello and other fine red wines are made. To stay at Fattoria del Colle amidst the vineyards, to dine with local traditional dishes, to hunt for truffles with truffle hunters and their dogs and then learn how to prepare them. As well as visiting the vineyards and (partially) the wineries, taste the fine red wines and finally dine with the truffles, so aromatic and maybe even a little aphrodisiacal!
WHITE TRUFFLE WEEKEND PROPOSAL AT FATTORIA DEL COLLE
- 2 nights in double bedroom with bathroom at Fattoria del Colle
- 2 breakfasts with cold cuts, cheeses and traditional cakes, coffee, milk, juices and yogurt
- Hunting with truffle hunters and their dogs
- Brief cookery lesson on truffles with the Fattoria del Colle chef Doriana Marchi
- Guided tour of the vineyards and partial tour of the Brunello winery Casato Prime Donne with an informal wine tasting
- Guided tour of Fattoria del Colle with itinerant tasting of three wines
THE BEAUTY OF AUTUMN IN THE TUSCAN COUNTRYSIDE
Autumn is the foliage moment, when the vineyards and the woods change colour transforming the Valdorcia and the Crete Senesi into a fairytale scenario: This is maybe the moment that the countryside is at its best. Ideal for hiking and for photography safaris, regenerating the body and mind.
The pleasures of the table are also of high level in autumn, because long evenings allow us to slowly enjoy the most gluttonous pleasures .Fattoria del Colle is in fact in the area of the Crete Senesi where the white truffle comes from as well as where one of the best Tuscan extra virgin olive oils is made. Last but not least: fine red wines: Brunello coming from the Casato Prime Donne winery in Montalcino that belongs to the same owner, Chianti Superiore and the Doc Orcia produced from the vineyards around the estate.